Throughout the world, multinational and national companies draw upon Fugro’s skills for geotechnical, survey, and geosciences services throughout the life cycle of a project. Fugro offers single points of contact for managing the multi-disciplinary services that go into large, complex projects. This is recognized by our clients as a preferred risk management solution.
Fugro provides a wide range of consulting services to the minerals industry — geological desktop studies, conceptual design of mineral exploration programs, field work during reconnaissance and exploration, prefeasibility/feasibility studies, and design-construction consultation for mine development, operations, and closure.
We have extensive experience in the exploration for precious metals, base metals, rare metals, colored gemstones, industrial minerals and construction raw materials.
Exploration and Planning
- Airborne geophysical exploration programs
- Planning and interpretation of mineral resource and reserve estimation
- Borehole geophysics, wireline logs, and fluid samples
- Feasibility studies and deposit evaluation
- Mine planning
Front End and Detailed Engineering Support
- Airborne topographic surveys
- Hydrogeological and hydrology support
- Geotechnical site investigations and laboratory investigation/interpretation
- Geophysical investigations
- Soil evaluations and designs in support of tailings and water retaining dams, haul roads, railroads, marine structures, support of heavy equipment
- Stability analysis of open pit excavations
- Site supervision of deep and shallow foundations
- Marine construction drilling
- Material testing services
Operations and Closure Phase
- Monitoring of rock stability and tailings stability
- Mine closure and reclamation