Drawing on one of the largest site exploration equipment inventories in the geotechnical industry, Fugro explores onshore and nearshore sites under any set of conditions. We own and operate over 100 drilling, cone penetration, and Geoprobe™ systems in North America. Our equipment is capable of drilling to depths in excess of 200 feet. We also work with other drilling companies to meet small business requirements and in responding to peak needs.
The company has extensive experience in correlating CPT data with soil borings. In addition, many of our CPT units are equipped to perform in-situ measurement of subsurface environmental contamination.
Fugro owns and operates each of the following site exploration tools:
- Cone Penetration Technology (CPT)
- Conventional and wireline rock coring
- Direct Push Technology (ROST, MIP, dilatometer testing)
- Geoprobe units (truck, track, tractor, skid-mounted)
- Drilling equipment (hollow-stem and rotary wash rigs: truck, track, and buggy-mounted)
- Jack-up barges for shallow water and nearshore drilling
Field personnel have completed OSHA HAZWOPER 40 Hour Training and refresher courses as required in OSHA 29 CFR. Site exploration personnel are trained in CPR and first aid and participate in medical monitoring and drug screening programs.